Fast forward 11 years.
I've had so many beautiful experiences since then that have matured my testimony so I was excited to return and view all of those sacred places with new eyes and ears. It was a great experience: to be in so many holy places; to be reminded of the power of the Book of Mormon; to remember how much the First Vision has changed the world and my life.
We went to church at the Palmyra chapel on Sunday, which is on the edge of the Smith family's land. It was a stake center with the temple across the street. The meeting was packed. It was really humbling to sit in that building, nearly 200 years later, and see the impact of one prayer. I am grateful to be a member of the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am grateful for the opportunities that life has afforded me - especially for my mission and for the chance to do my internship in Ecuador. God does guide and direct, when I let him.
Grandin Print Shop. It's truly amazing that with all of the persecution, Mr. Grandin was willing to print the Book of Mormon. Seems like a risky venture!
Where the Book of Mormon was first sold. I just bought a copy of the 1830 edition. I'm excited to read it as it was originally written and gain new insight.
Smith Family Log Cabin
Emily, Kristina, me and Darcy in front of the Sacred Grove.
Sacred Grove
Temple
No comments:
Post a Comment